Restart

Happy 2014, if anyone is out there...

It's been a long time since I've blogged, but I realized (as I was looking back at my blog) that soon the description will not be true -- my last semester is dawning, and I will not be a college kid much longer.

In order to document this crazy journey of being a student (from elementary all the way until now, my fifth and final year of university), I'll try (note the word try...) to update the blog a little more frequently than once every five months.

We'll see what happens :)

To start off, a throwback of sorts... this is extremely embarrassing now that I look at it, but even as a kid I've always been interested in keeping track of my thoughts, I was just never very good at keeping up with keeping track of my thoughts. I somehow managed to dig up an old journal. You can have a snippet of former me, I was weird (in person) and much weirder (on paper). I wrote a lot of poems, which is weird, because I don't do that anymore.

I wrote it on paper so I will do my best to recreate it in the digital world, short of scanning it.

"Mar 7/03

Dear Journal,

AAAH! I'm having a MAJOR panic attack. Ahia got a certificate in the Kiwanis and if I don't... I'm... well.
DEAD!

arghiez.

to add to the other poem...
Always and ever trying to please
Never have I ever been at ease,
Always so stressed, to do this and that
If only to think about where I'm at.

Always frighted, fearing the soon
Thinking and pondering at the rise of the moon
Always so constant in having troubles,
That come, go, and pop like bubbles.

Always can't stand what everyone wants
Under attack by stressing that haunts
Always having expectations to live up to
The coloured mood is always blue.


There. I think I'll call it "Always" (Always(1), Always(2)) etc. I'm so freaked.. I'm gonna go now. CIAO!!

KaT


PS Sorry this entry was so short... here's a haiku:
A couple of words
When put together can be
Very sad: Good-bye

Well... bye,
KaT."

I'm embarrassed to admit that that poem had a lot more crossing out and drawing in new words and stuff. (The first poem.) The reason I'm embarrassed is because I think I was legitimately so fueled to write this poem due to stress about a piano competition (Kiwanis -- well it's technically a music festival, but in my eyes, it was like a competition.) Reality check -- I'm not a pianist. So in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a big deal. But hey, maybe I should appreciate my younger days, when that was the greatest of my worries.

Who'm I kidding... If I had Kiwanis nowadays, I'd probably be just as stressed.

In other news, that haiku was pretty snazzy.

Til next time (assuming there is a next time.)


1 comments:

Lanie said...

glad to see that you are posting on your blog again.

on faith, food and flying
The thoughts and experiences of a college kid on faith, love and life in pursuit of Christ, the loveliest One, while enjoying misadventures and quests for food, which so happen to take her around the world.
 
Copyright 2009 An Edible Epic Yarn All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes